Back In the Saddle Again

I keep having the song, "Back In the Saddle Again" run through my head, which is fairly expressive of my mood at the moment. However, Gene Autry, while exulting in the moment of his return to cowboy glory, never sang about how sore he was the next morning. You get out of practice, and it can twinge a little when you get back to it.

So it is for me. I'm dog-tired already, but happy as a clam, to tell you the truth. BYU is my place--my 'hood as Chris would say, and I'm so glad to be in school again. It's grueling, but school inspires the utter contentment that can only be achieved by hard work.

My professors are great. Today, my Latin teacher, a Dr. Peek, is a hoot. While trying to describe the difference between an objective genitive and a genitive of possession, she gives us a whole story about how she hates her children's pet rat, and, now that it has developed a tumor the size of its body, how she is plotting its demise. For a few delightful minutes, we (all nineteen of us Latin nerds) discussed the most sensitive ways to dispose of a child's pet which has passed its usefulness. What this has to do with genitives, either objective or possessive, I haven't quite figured out, but it was fun nonetheless.

Professor Bott, whom I have for Church History, is his usual brilliant, eloquent self. I know I'll truly enjoy his class.

My other classes are a little more mysterious to me at the moment, because I haven't had them as often. I think they'll be interesting and productive, though.

Other than everything, not much is new with me. I'm enjoying the beautiful weather we've had this week. Those of you in Florida know how lovely a crisp, dry, end-of-October day can be. We've had that kind of day all week, ever since a front went through. Not nearly as exciting as Florida weather, but nice. Speaking of exciting weather, good luck with the upcoming hurricanes! Yikes! I hope they miss you guys.

Well, that's that. I've gotten some requests for photos, which I will oblige as soon as I get time. Until then, until next time in TAAOA!

2 comments:

Daniel and Emily Munns said...

Amy... I LOVE the falls in Provo. Something about the perfect weather, the colors of the changing trees and the excitement of the new school year starting. Brings back such great memories!! I took a couple classes from Bro. Bott - he is amazing!! Enjoy!!

Eva and Joey said...

Amy! Your Mom was so kind to send me the link to your blog. I love it and I'm so happy you're doing well. We could have used you to babysit the other night, but you just had to go back to school!Boo! I can't wait to read more of your posts! Come visit us ejsniderfamily.blogspot.com