A Lark In the Dark

So there we were--my roommates Dahea and Emily plugging away at their books, and I hovering around my computer, doing nothing constructive. Suddenly, like a sweet siren call, all at once we heard the wild, warm voice of Night. It seeped softly as a sigh through our open apartment windows on a mild summer breeze, mingling with our breath and casting the study-fog from our bleary brains. The voice was coaxing us, cajoling us to set our good sense aside, take up our highest spirits, and become reacquainted with shadow and shade. For a merry hour, the crickets sang with us; the stars, breathless in their wheeling course, paused to wink at our laughter; and the falling dew kissed our light feet.

Well, maybe it wasn't so romantic as all that, (nor as shamelessly alliterative) but you get the idea. I grabbed my camera, and we headed out to have fun with the extended exposure. What? You want to see? Well, here--


A fallen star...


As you can see, love was in the air. We took turns with the flashlight drawing shapes and laughing until our other roommate Jordyn showed up, and then we took a group portrait.






We were so slap-happy by that time that we couldn't even stop laughing to take the picture. From left to right is me, Dahea, Emily, and Jordyn. What a crew.


So yeah, sometimes I feel like it's mostly work and not enough play for me, but it's fun to run around irresponsibly once in a while and get perspective on things again. Until next time on TAAOA. ;D



0 comments: